Knowing if you have an anxiety disorder can be tricky because a simple feeling of anxiousness about a job interview, first date, difficult exam and public speaking can just be a simple feeling of anxiety. But when this recurs, consumes a long period of your life and becomes distracting to your daily life then this can already be a serious anxiety disorder.
But again, this can be tricky which is why you have to learn the different symptoms associated with anxiety disorder. You may even start assessing yourself if you have found some of these symptoms in your everyday activity.
Emotional Symptoms of Anxiety
- Anticipating the worst situations
- Feeling tense and discomfort
- Watching for signs of danger
- Feeling like you’re mentally blocked
- Feelings of apprehension
- Trouble concentrating
Physical Symptoms of Anxiety
- Pounding heart
- Upset stomach
- Muscle tension
- Tremors and twitches
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent urination
Panic Attacks Symptoms
- Hot flushes or chills
- Nausea or stomach cramps
- Feeling detached
- Gush of overwhelming panic
- Choking sensation
- Heart palpitations
- Shaking or trembling
- Losing of control
If you have found out that you have some of the symptoms such that of the panic attack symptoms and if you really feel that you are so messed up and that you have a gut feel that you have anxiety disorder. Learn a lot of ways on how to stop anxiety through treatments and therapies. However, as the one responsible for yourself, you can do some self-help treatments to overcome anxiety.
- Put into writing all your worries – This is tried and tested to be effective when you are coping with anxiety than overthinking all your worries which get stuck in your mind. Overthinking makes you preoccupied and confuse of the things you keep on worrying. Better write them all, you can write it on your laptop, desktop, smartphones, and tablet or simply write them down in your pad or notebook as your worries will gradually disappear.
- Set-up an anxiety worry period – In a day, you can have few minutes like 10 minutes to just think about all your worries. Devote this certain period about all the negative thoughts you have at the moment or for the day. Take note that you just have to think about them without designating some solutions. Right after this period, you can spend the rest of your day without worries. If you’ve come across another depressing thoughts, reserve them on your worry period.
- Accept uncertainty of things – Learn acceptance that not all things are controllable. Don’t overthink about those you can’t change because you’ll only forget that you have a good life to live by.
- Practice relaxation techniques for anxiety -You can have a daily meditation, all by your own. A moment of introspection daily can make you feel relaxed. Also, you can practice muscle relaxation and deep breathing.
- Have a healthy diet – Jumpstart your day with breakfast because this will actually boost you for the day. Then succeeding meals should only be minimal in amount. Don’t weary yourself by not eating because this tends to lower blood sugar which ignites anxiety. Also avoid too much consumption of alcohol.
- Exercise regularly – At least a 30 minutes allocation of exercise period will do the trick for your everyday living. Make sure that you’d get to exercise because exercise is a stress reliever.
- Get adequate sleep – Another important thing that you have to do is to get adequate sleep. If possible, 6 to 8 hours of quality sleep everyday so you will have sufficient time for cell repair.